Enter your email address:


Alizée

Recently, I purchased my new Lenovo Laptop. As soon as I brought the laptop to my hostel, my friends transferred all their multimedia collection to my Laptop. Among the English Videos, one folder was of Alizée. I watched the video of one of her songs (Jen ai marre). As I liked the video, I asked my friend (who gave me the video) about her and I was told that she was a winner of American Idol. My interest in her, kept growing and one day I decided to search about her on Google. I, then, came to know that she was not an American Idol winner, rather she was an emerging female singer from france who entered the showbiz world in 2000, just at the age of 15. Her song Jen Ai Marre was a great success not only in France, rather all around the globe.

Her success story is nothing less than a dream. She has since 2000, released three studio albums - first two of which were composed by Laurent Boutonnat and written by Mylène Farmer. Her first album was Gourmandises(which means "sweets" in English). It was a success both in France and abroad—after it had its international launch in 2001-earning Alizée the distinction of being the highest selling female French singer in 2001. The album featured her most successful single "Moi... Lolita" which reached number one in several countries in Europe and East Asia. The marketing campaign around the single affixed Alizée's image as that of a seductive lolita. Other popular singles in the album were "L'Alizé", "Parler tout bas", "Gourmandises". All of them were big hits all around the world. Gourmandises was followed by a second studio album, Mes Courants Électriques in 2003, which was also much successful, though not as big a hit as Alizée's debut album. Unlike her previous album, which was entirely in French, this album had English versions of four of its songs. The album contains "J'en ai marre!", "Amelie m'a dit", " J'ai Pas Vingt Ans" and their English versions: "I am fed up", "Amelie" and "I am not 20". The album also contains "A Contre-Courant" and " Yoopidu" which are my favorites. Following the release of this album, Alizée toured France during the fall of 2003, performing in 43 concerts throughout France, along with Belgium and Switzerland.

Alizée married fellow French singer Jérémy Chatelain in late 2003. Since her marriage she took a break from singing. Her first two albums were written by Mylene Farmer (who proved completely like Alizee's god-mother). But her relation with Mylene broke up later. She returned with a new album, titled Psychédélices on December 3, 2007 of which the song "Mademoiselle Juliette", I have seen. This is a little different from Alizee's previos songs but it is again a good song. This album has no connection with Mylene Farmer.

If you want to view any of her songs mentioned above, visit www.moi-alizee.in which is an online Alizee multimedia collection and her Indian Fan Club.



0 comments:

Post a Comment